Ads by Nuffnang

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

You, Jeffery

It's been whole day, and finally things settled down. Outside, it was raining cats and dogs. Finally I'm happy, after days coming back to this town. I was in the rain just now, enjoying the water droplets from the sky. Some say it was the water from the Gods that purify your soul, but scientificly it's just recycle water from the earth. And that just showed how ironic our world is, the coincides and conflicts between the science and human beliefs.

All of a sudden, I miss Jeffery so much. He's always been a nice big brother to me, when I was 16 until now. He's always there, when I just left home to somewhere far to study, when I was in my most rebellious moment. He was there to console me, to advice me and love me. But now, he's gone. I've always wanted to find myself another man who can substitude his place, but I ended up getting hurt and cheated over and over again. It's been years now, and I'm going 21 this year. 5 years, and I had lost contact for 5 months. I wonder how is he doing there. Is he eating well? Sleeping well? Is he enjoying life there? I still remembered his last call, he said that he hated that place so much, there's no entertainment or anything, and he can't even communicate well there. He said he wanted to come back, to see me, to give me a nice long hug. But he never came back. He never got on that plane. Or did he? I don't know. And all I got is an email from his fiance, saying that they're getting married, and I'm not supposed to see him or hear from him anymore.

It's a bad memory. I thank the rain for making my heads clear, let me realise where I stand and how I do. It reminded me to always take careful actions, to defend when I know I'm right, and to protect people and things that I love. I'm not scared with harsh and loud voices, I'll fight back with my strong and stern stand, telling them that they should be listening to me.

I am not a headstrong, foolish child. Jeffery always wanted me to be strong and independent. And now here I am, standing here and whisper to the wind and rain, May God bless your newly-weds and your marriage. I hope you'll find your kind of happiness, just like the one you once shared with me. Be save always. I'll miss you.

No comments: