Ads by Nuffnang

Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Friend

I have a friend who is in his early 20's and enjoyed luxuries in his life. He is a talented man, and with his talent he earned his cash to enjoy the luxury he wanted. That was the first impression when I met him earlier this year, but the truth is we've known each other when I was 16. Yes, we've known each other for almost 5 years.

Before I met him he was a completely different man than I thought he would be. I thought he was a nice big brother who cared about person beside him, and he worked at midnight doing computer stuff. I was not sure about his occupation, I never asked and he never told. Such understanding between us was why I treasure this friend for, he was indeed a special friend when I was younger.

And he went away for better things in his life. I was not devastated, but somehow felt lost. I stopped playing online chatting after he left, feeling there's no more need towards it since the person who would chat late night with me was gone.

But he was back, with a brand new horizon and perceptions in his life. Of course he was different, but I thought that he would be the same person that I've known before he left. When I met him I felt like I was 16 again, the time when I knew this person, when I was so damn naive about this life. But after a while I knew I was wrong, time changed, and things would definitely change.

Although he was no longer the big brother that I know, I still treasure him as a friend. He was a good memory, and maybe knowing the brand new him would be better. But I was wrong again.

Does older means wiser? Because it seems to me that he's having more and more problems that he could not share. I remembered again at older times, when he used to tell me his problems. Now all I can do is to ask him to rest well, hoping he will feel better the next day. He seemed so helpless, I really wish I could help him.

My dear friend, nothing in this world can help if you keep all the problems within yourself. It would not go away, unless you want to speak it out loud and review it again. Maybe it's painful but still, you need to try to let them out! I can help you, believe me. Even if I can't, I can still give you my utmost support or even a simple hug.

Be strong, I'll be there for you.

No comments: