Ads by Nuffnang

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Say I'm a Bird

When I opened my eyes this morning I stared at the ceiling for a while. It was still 6.15 in the morning and my room was still dark. Saturday morning like this, I was called back to school for a morning meeting.

In the darkness I got myself thinking. How long has it been, since I really do something that I really want and something that could really make me happy? I remembered the last time I did something according to my instinct, it back-fired on me harshly.

For one moment, I had lost passion completely. I felt nothing towards the mundaneness of my life. One day after another I repeat the same thing over and over again.

I used to dread life like this. I was once a wild child who seek for excitement and new things everyday. I was like a bird.

But I realized now that I have had my wings clipped since I took up this job. Responsibilities had made me grown up; reality had made me opened my eyes. I am no longer a person of free will.

I wish I could be that fun and adventurous again. I wish I could again have the passion to hop on to a bus and go to some strangers' place just for the sake of the white sand and blue sea. I wish I could have the rush in my veins again when I am doing things that I like.

I wish I could be that bird again. Say I'm a bird will you? I am going to gather all courage to be that bird once more.

No comments: